As a mamma of two, I know that we all want to raise healthy, happy and vibrant children – but sometimes, despite our best efforts, our kids can get sick. I am very passionate about nurturing our children’s mental health so that they can develop into resilient and compassionate adults. I also have a special interest in improving the health of children and families affected by autism spectrum disorder. In clinical practice I treat a wide range of children’s health problems including:
- Infant colic
- Skin rashes such as eczema
- Weaning and infant nutrition
- Tummy aches, constipation and other digestive issues
- Ear and sinus infections, colds and flus
- Asthma and allergies
- Developmental disorders: autism, ADHD
- Undiagnosed behavioural or attention issues
- Teen acne
- Menstrual disorders such as PMS
- Digestive issues such as discomfort, constipation
- Sleeping difficulties
Treatment often includes a dietary approach, as wholesome and nutritious food is the cornerstone of good health and development in children. Sometimes specific testing can be beneficial in determining which areas need support.
- For example toddlers or teens with eczema may benefit from food sensitivity testing to look at which foods may be aggravating the immune system and resulting in eczema.
- For children with developmental disorders often testing is essential – organic acids testing, stool cultures, nutritional testing and genetic testing help to determine what specific supports are needed in the bio-medical approach to optimize the child’s health. Additional testing in collaboration with the child’s pediatrician is also recommended.
I often prescribe herbs, required vitamins/minerals and other lifestyle recommendations that are safe and effective in children and teens. I provide you with support and guidance to help you make gradual and realistic changes that will benefit your whole family’s health and wellness. Feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions regarding your child’s health.